Saturday, November 9th, 6 – 9 pm
Join us in Georgetown for another incredible Art Attack. Fall in love with dozens of cozy galleries, get full on a variety of delicious menus, cocktails & brews, and enjoy an array of live entertainment throughout Seattle’s Oldest Neighborhood.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
Among the Arts & Entertainment Highlights:
- All City Coffee features ceramic artist Aaron Murray with “Shadow Boxer”.
- Calamity Jane’s features pop surreal futuristic robot landscapes perpetuated with acrylics on canvas by Brian Hatfield with “The Future Was Now”.
- Eight and Sand’s first show titled “Cherrybones” will feature a selection of artist/owner Alexandria Sandlin’s recent original paintings.
- Equinox Studios is a building of 35 art and fabrication studios.
Open studios this month include:
Alair Wells, blacksmith: smithing her steel flowers.
M. Anne Sweet, graphic design and poet: feminist themed art.
Claire Putney, drawing and painting: graphite, ink, text, alt drawing techniques.
Sophia Wheelwright, mixed media sculpture: 3D screen sculptures.
Karl Seng, lamps and mixed media found object sculpture: fab lamps.
Syd Shera, ceramic art: Indian print block patterns stamped into clay.
John Kirschenbaum, woodworking: see work on Matisse inspired dining table set.
Trevor Gauntlett, metal arts/photography: South Seas underwater photos.
Sarah Woodson, pottery: wheel thrown mugs, bowls, plates, currently selling at Nordstrom.
James Ryan, metal sculpture and fabrication: big restaurant fabrication project in process.
Steve Hussey, metal sculpture: work on steel sculpture underway.
Beth Gahan, painter: Studio reorg underway after successful summer of installation art shows.
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery “MARATHON” A Short Run art show curated by Larry Reid. Musical entertainment by TUMMY. Featuring Gabrielle Gamboa, Robyn Jordan, Noel Franklin, Coin Op, Mita Mahato, Scott Travis, Joe Garber, Fiona Avocado, Tom Neely, Nate Neal, Elaine Lin, Bettina McEntyre, Skill Shot, TBASA, Reid Psaltis, Bobby Mono, Aron Nels Steinke, Jim Blanchard, Peter Bagge, Kelly Froh, Eroyn Franklin, Max Badger, Shannon Wheeler, and more.
- The Georgetown Trailer Park Mall 7th Annual Holiday Bazaar Kickoff Party, featuring live music, sweet treats & special pop-up shop guests.
- Krab Jab Studio 2nd Annual Art of Roleplaying Games group show, featuring art and artists working in the game industry of RPG (tabletop) games featuring Aaron McConnell, Anthony S Waters, Chuck Luckacs, Drew Tucker, Echo Chernik, Franz Vohwinkel, Heather Hudson, Jason Engle, Jeff Laubenstein, Raven Mimura, RK Post, Robert Tritthardt, Samuel Araya, Terese Nielsen, Vinod Rams, Pierre Carlès, with additional Shadowrun art by Larry Elmore. Curated by celebrity game master Chris Pramas.
- LxWxH Gallery “Star Systems” is a solo show of Julia Hensley‘s of abstract collage paintings on paper, paintings on canvas, and small, connecting elements inspired by the universe and technology. Hard-edged squares play off washes of color in response to imagery of outer space.
- Le OBJECTS will be hosting a Holiday Open House… We will be showing off new merchandise, exciting holiday items, special services, decor demonstrations to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Machine House Brewery Abstract expressionism depicting travelers by ship or wing traveling through space and time.
- Mary Tudor & Ferrell features Mary Tudor art with timeless, iconic, images verging on being meditative objects and Ferrell with spacial and abstract paintings. Music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesizer.
- May Lee Chung Studio showing “Pacific Visual Poems”, oil paintings from the Pacific and beyond.
Robin’s Nest Garden Collectibles: see Jean Mann’s glass work, and hear her music. She will be showing her “jewel drops” and Christmas lights, using beautiful, multi-colored cut glass.
- SANCA School of Flight has joined Art Attack via the Art Ride bus! Flying trapeze demonstrations by SANCA Flyers and Pay-per-Flight opportunities to fly for Art Attack patrons! Journalists and Press ride free (show your credentials)!
- The Roving Gallery will be hosting Guest Artist Paul Senness, a fine art photographer who has been concentrating on underwater photography.
- NuPasa featuring Featuring paintings by Tina Routt.
- Nautilus featuring new oil paintings in the realist tradition by Jethaniel Peterka and Kyle Abernethy.
- Modern Mystics and Pinup Girl Lingerie presents an evening of amulet making in the Modern Mystics Atelier.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography presents “Fragments of Imagination” Curious and whimsical drawings and paintings by Chris Shreve. Reflections on generations as a grieving son and a joyful father.