- All City Coffee presenting paintings by Lucas Irwin.
- Eight and Sand We live in a era of spying, secrecy, and hypocrisy where the masses are fed misinformation and the government is for sale to the highest bidder. “Criminal State of Mind” is artist Christopher J Olson‘s Orwellian examination of the mindset of the wealthy elite, politicians, and propagandists.
- Equinox Studios, The big ugly blue building full of beautiful art! Come experience the wonder with over 60 artists in residence and the free Georgetown Artride shuttle to get you here and back.This month featuring Betty Jo Costanzo, Sarah Woodson, Downing Pottery, Karl Seng, Claire Putney, Tabasco Mills and the Iron Monkeys, and much more. As always, bonfires, brats and beautiful people!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery Presents Peter Bagge: “Buddy Buys a Dump.” Exhibition and book signing with musical performance by Kelli Frances Corrado.
- Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center Open studios! Guest artist, Seb Barnett, presents “Modern Myths”, a surreal painterly vision of modern day mythos. Bring the family!
- Georgetown Atelier: open studio
- Georgetown Liquor Company presents an encore opening: “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And We Feel Adorable)”. HappyTime Apocalypse is an art collective that celebrates the balance of dark and light, good and evil, happy and horrified. We aim to create an artistic escape from the horrors of the world that surround us by bringing attention to the humor and beauty within the maddening and grotesque parts of the human experience, illuminating the opposing forces of humanity within us all.
- The Georgetown Stables: Soul parties are designed to connect you to the truth-telling, mirror-holding, energy-soaked creative goodness that comes when mindful artists let their talents loose! We’ll be displaying the photography of Natasha Komoda, and Naomi Wachira will be playing music. It’s “pay what you will” at the door, and half the proceeds go to Artists Life Guild, a Seattle non-profit that provides low-cost therapy for artists.
- The Georgetown Trailer Park Mall “NIGHT of the GIANT MONSTERS!” Vintage & Artisan Market curated by Sire Vintage, Frida, Make Believe, Beaver’s Den Vintage, Urban Treasury and Special Giant Guest.
- Krab Jab Studio presents “Daring Stories”, all new work in this solo show of local favorite, Heather Hudson! In this show she explores the world of pulp fiction alongside her usual cornucopia of monsters and oddities.
- Le Objects For The Home in Historic Georgetown is excited to present an event during our monthly Art Attack “Meet The Makers” 3 Local artist will be featuring their locally made products… Eric Mendelsohn of Time Beat Clocks featuring his snare drum clocks and his Band will be playing live music all evening + Lisa Deffacio of Fern Heath Design featuring her Fleurs collection. Dina Curtis will be showing her Bike Mounts. This event will be packed with fun and adult beverages. come by and see what’s new in the 3D art world of Le Objects For The Home
- LxWxH Gallery presents “Come Hell or High Water”. In this solo show, Nancy Baker will continue to investigate two-dimensional work mixing digital representations of hardware parts and abstracted forms. In Baker‘s work, chains, rivets, bolts and connectors transform otherwise stoic blue collar objects into transcendent images of floating worlds which are populated by numbers and letters against starry skies. Often citing literary sources, specific phrases wind their way through a labyrinth of connected phrases, jewels, glitter and paper machine fixtures; much like the tales she is referencing.
- Machine House Brewery presents a group show of plant related art featuring local talent and plant designers. Features include installation and stand alone pieces.
- Mary Tudor and Ferrell, open studio. Mary Tudor art with timeless, iconic, images verging on being meditative objects, and Ferrell, art with spacial and abstract imaging. Music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesizer.
- NuPasa: The artistically twisted collaboration duo of Sonja Bodi Bujisic and Rachel Van Buskirk. Each mesmerizing piece of the collection began with a word or phrase while morphing into an often disturbing yet beautiful portrait of life on canvas. Come interpret for yourself…
- RHI Solutions: featuring artist Twozdai Hulse. Pop up art shop at RHI Solutions – worth the trip around the back of the Rainier cold storage. Original and prints of mixed media images of Iconic Seattle.
- Runway Cafe The works of Phil Keane are original hand drawn, handcut, colored, and assembled 3D drawings inside shadow boxes w/ at least a 1/4″ of space between each layer of buildings or landscape. The shadowboxes are recycled and refurbished to reflect the urban character of the work.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography featuring a solo show by Chani Murat,an established artist and tattooer in the Seattle area. Born and raised in the PAC NW, she’s inspired by big bright colors and high contrast images. For this show she will be showcasing a body of work with many different mediums. In addition, Spectrum House always features a boutique stocked with Seattle-made treasures & garments.
- Studio Sanctum: The Nautilus Studio has changed it’s name to Studio Sanctum, showcasing the realist oil paintings of Jethaniel Peterka and Kyle Abernethy. Located next door to the Georgetown Stables.
- Wittman-Estes: Furniture designed and fabricated by University of Washington Department of Architecture students in collaboration with Kimo Griggs and Danish furniture designer Erling Christoffersen. The exhibit will showcase the newly released designs, completed this spring.
- AT A GLANCE: Georgetown Art Attack
- Date: Saturday, May 10th, 6 – 9 pm
Location: Georgetown neighborhood, Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
Features: Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits, Art Ride art bus (free)