Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits, Art Ride art bus (free)
The dog days of summer are here, and we’re ready, are you? We have refreshing libations and light snacks at any of our fantastic restaurants and bars to get you through the heat! At 6pm, there is still plenty of daylight left for a stroll along Airport Way to weave through our numerous art spaces, ateliers, design stores, and galleries.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- All City Coffee continues its retrospective of Georgetown Art Attack poster art by Tim Silbaugh.
- Eight and Sand presents “Dearly Belated” by Alexandria Sandlin. In her solo show, Sandlin will highlight conceptual ideas that have been floating around like ghosts, waiting to come into being.
- Equinox Studios presents Tamara Clammer, Betty Jo Costanzo, Downing Pottery, Beth Gahan, Nicole Kistler, Tabasco Mills & The Iron Monkeys, Jeff Olheft, Seiji Fabrication, M. Anne Sweet, Tandem Fabrications, Claire L Putney, Sophia Wheelwright, and The 1979 Bizarre features a new film, “Growing Corpses”. The Georgetown Artride will get you there and back.
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery Jim Woodring presents his new book, Jim! The visionary Seattle-based artist will be available to informally discuss and sign copies of his new anthology, which debuts at the Art Attack.
- Flip Flip Ding Ding! presents 3D Paper Dioramas Of Classic Videogames by Jonathan Roulston, with a series of classic video games crafted into 3D paintings. Each piece is carefully cut out and layered in the frame to bring the characters to life.
- Georgetown Liquor Co. will feature Lampoons and Word Balloons by Marty Gordon who refers to viewing his work as peeking through a window into another world – a place where art, humor, faith, tension, and candidness all harmoniously coexist.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall Sylvia O’Stayformore hosts the 3rd Annual Trailer Park Drag Strip with live music by The Moonspinners, Less than Equals & DJ Brownstone’s Soul Attack, enjoy cool libations in the Georgetown Brewing Beer Garden!
- Krab Jab Studios continues its group show, The Dark Woods: The Roots of the Fairy Tale, curated by Satyros Brucato. Drawn from the haunted allure of dense wilderness and primal dreams, this extended show invites you to explore the wilder side of faerie tales, with art that steps off the beaten path, venturing into places where tender hearts don’t go.
- LxWxH Gallery features a pop-up art shop! All small drawings, paintings, and sculpture previously available online will be in the gallery for sale.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography presents A Compendium of Curious Creeps by Nick Gucker, an eclectic collection of vintage pulp and weird fiction inspired artworks in ink, charcoal, watercolor & acrylic. Haunted renderings of things that creep, crawl and crouch in the dark corners of space and time – that run, fly and chase through the endless night…and those that just sit and wait.
- Waxing Impressions will have work by Deborah Stachowic, “Concepts in Art”, featuring beeswax encaustic, acrylic, and watercolor paintings; and paper, clay ,and fused glass jewelry.
Right-click on any image below to enlarge it in a new tab.
Images below beginning from top left going clockwise:
Jon B. Dove @ Studio E, Allen Williams @ Krab Jab Studios, flyer for Continental Shift @ The Georgetown Castle, Sophia Wheelright @ Equinox (middle image of installation), Trailer Park Drag Strip @ Georgetown Trailer Park Mall, Jonathan Roulston @ Flip Flip Ding Ding, Marty Gordon @ Georgetown Liquor Co. (bottom image), Nick Gucker @ Spectrum House (top), Alexandria Sandlin @ Eight and Sand, Jim Woodring @ Fantagraphics, Deborah Stachowic @ Waxing Impressions.