Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits, Art Ride art bus (free)
Are you ready for Halloween, spiced cider, and trick or treats? Georgetown Art Attack is full of shenanigans and tomfoolery, but even more exciting than that is our monthly art walk. We have some new additions to the roster, so make sure to check out the listing below.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- All City Coffee continues its retrospective of Georgetown Art Attack poster art by Tim Silbaugh.
- Eight and Sand presents All Hallows, a group show based on the darkest night of the year. Thirteen local and national artists working in their own unique styles will present you with things that creep and glide through the shadows. Lolita Agogo, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Joseph Brooks, Jenny Dayton, Maxx Follis, Marty Gordon, Rhodora Jacob, Vikram Madan, Christopher J Olson, Alexandria Sandlin, Ronnie Taylor, Tiffany Toland-Scott, Eli Wolff.
- Equinox Studios encompasses over 50 Magnificent Makers working in blacksmithing and metal sculpture, glass, and every other imaginable medium. October highlights the artwork of Alair Wells, Sophia Wheelwright, M Anne Sweet @ Studio SixEight, Tabasco and Iron Monkeys, Tamara @ Face Odd Masks, THE 1979 BIZARRE, Rick Crelia @ Crooked Raven Forge, Timothy Aguero, John Kirschenbaum, Betty Jo Costanzo, Melina Hannigan, Nicole Kistler, Claire L Putney, Karl Seng, Downing Pottery, Robin Force Counts, and many more…
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery presents an exhibition of Film Noir Posters from the 1940s – 1950s. Also, Fantagraphics welcomes Michael DeForge, Simon Hanselmann, Patrick Kyle, Lane Milburn, Conor Stechschulte for a special book signing and wedding reception.
Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center celebrates Halloween with The Marino Family Hotel of Secrets, featuring an art treasure hunt throughout its mysterious building and resident artists’ studios. Prizes for all who participate; costumes encouraged! GAC will also continue Bedbug Visits Georgetown by Michael O’Driscoll with artwork and swag featuring the lovable characters from Bedbug’s Book of Wisdom.
- Georgetown Liquor Co. continues its solo exhibition with Shanna Duncan who wields oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink, charcoal, mixed media, and digital media like a boss. Her style combines a “gritty symbolism with a macabre sense of humor infused with a whimsical air”.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall presents Trailer Park Mall Hootenanny with Dave Harmonson and The Picking Crew! Enjoy a grand array of art and hand-made goods from storefronts: Seek and Restore, Urban Treasury, Joy Brownies, White Raven Trading Co., The Royal Mansion Gallery and Bella Nocturne. Put on your best country get-up, grab your friends and family and come on down! Storefronts open at 2pm. The picking starts at 7pm. All ages. Free
- Krab Jab Studios Allen Williams Presents: Summoned. Award winning illustrator and movie concept artist Allen Williams headlines this dark and beautiful reflection of the Abyss. Also features artists Virginie Ropars, Yoann Lossel, Olivier Villoingt, Rodrigo Luff, Forest Rogers and Kyle Abernethy.
- LxWxH Gallery will be hosting the Love City Love Collective throughout the entire month of October! Jennifer Hotes is an emerging creative bridging the gap between science and art with idyllic thought. will be showing original images of magnified cancer samples from the lung, pancreas, ovaries, skin, and blood. She will present the work at the opening and speak about her thoughts regarding the rising occurrence of cancer in humans and its relationship to the degradation of the environment, the acquisition of monetary wealth, and the propagation of ego.
- Mainframe presents LA based artist Virginia Katz. Passages: Surface and Form, featuring eleven recent paintings and drawings created through personal observation and the technology of satellite imagery. Here the ideas of distance, form, flatness, and place converge into questions concerning our perceptions of the environment and its distress.
- Machine House Brewery presents Jan Johnson, who worked in welded steel and found objects, transforming metal detritus into new and challenging pieces to spark the imagination. His themes often take a whimsical approach to the human condition, using irony in steel to examine old and new myths.
The Mix presents Semblance Photography! Kayla Cox and Jamie Gragg share a primary focus to capture the forgotten beauty in abandoned settings. From antique rusted cars to decaying structures, these two specialize in traveling throughout the lush and vibrant Pacific Northwest in search of the hidden, forbidden and raw.
NuPasa NuPasa gallery will be celebrating it’s 4 year anniversary by hosting a group show of past guest artists, including Michael O’Driscoll, Emilie Shepherd, Steve Kim & Patti-o-Furniture.
- Runway Cafe presents Jim Pirie, whose style is expressive, colorful and provocative, utilizing all aspects of the abstract genre. Bold strokes, big color and determined patterns leave his work open to interpretation by my audience while the careful structure allows for the knowledge that the disorder evolved from purpose.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography presents Amber Anderson, Tensegrity Deviations; a systems-based series of mixed process encaustic paintings & graphite drawing prints. Where anatomical correctness & symmetry typically exist, tensegrity- tension & integrity- is explored when deviations occur within the body’s structural system. Intended as an investigation into the micro climate laws of nature, the series examines the resulting adaptation of nature due to distortion on a macro scale.
Studio E presents Two Shows, One Artist by John Rizzotto, a contemporary painter working in the still life tradition. Rizzotto will feature work from two ongoing series, Current Event and Summer Camp.
- Studio Sanctum showcases the dark, realist oil paintings of Jethaniel Peterka and Kyle Abernethy.
Right-click on any image below to enlarge it in a new tab.
Images below beginning from top left going clockwise:
John Rizzotto @ Studio E; Amber Andersen @ Spectrum House; Georgetown Trailer Park & Mall; Shannon Duncan @ Georgetown Liquor Co; Jethaniel Peterka & Kyle Abernethy @ Studio Sanctum; Jim Pririe @ Runway Cafe; Virginia Katz @ Mainframe; Semblance Photography @ The Mix; Jan Johnson @ Machine House Brewery; Michael DeForge @ Fantagraphics; Love City Love @ LxWxH; Allen Williams @ Krab Jab Studios; Jenny Dayton @ Eight and Sand; Michael Driscoll @ Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center; Film Noir @ Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery; Georgetown Trailer Park and Mall trailer map!
Copyright © 2014 Georgetown Merchants Association, All rights reserved.