Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits, Art Ride art bus (free)
The dog days of summer are here, and we’re ready, are you? We have refreshing libations and light snacks at any of our fantastic restaurants and bars to get you through the heat! At 6pm, there is still plenty of daylight left for a stroll along Airport Way to weave through our numerous art spaces, ateliers, design stores, and galleries.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- All City Coffee continues its retrospective of Georgetown Art Attack poster art by Tim Silbaugh.
- Eight and Sand presents Collagemonauts, a collective comprised of Marty Gordon, Tim Manthey and Craig van den Bosch. Featuring work inspired by the Exquisite Corpse technique invented by the Surrealists, Collagemonauts have worked collectively on these larger collage pieces and a collage based graphic novel.
- Equinox Studios encompasses over 50 Magnificent Makers working in blacksmithing and metal sculpture, glass, and every other imaginable medium. September highlights the artwork of Nichole Kistler, Karl Seng, Alair Wells, John Kirschenbaum, Anne Sweet, Tamara @ FaceOdd Masks, Michael @ Unshine Headgear, Sophia Wheelwright, Claire L Putney, The 1979 Bizarre, and many more…
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery presents an exhibition of Film Noir Posters from the 1940s – 1950s, including a slide talk and book signing with editor Mark Fertig.
Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center presents Bedbug Visits Georgetown by Michael Driscoll, featuring ultra vivid acrylic on canvas paintings featuring cartoon characters from his book Bedbug’s Book of Wisdom and forthcoming Bedbug’s Book of Good ‘n’ Evil.
- Georgetown Liquor Co. Shanna Duncan wields oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink, charcoal, mixed media, and digital media like a boss. Her style combines a “gritty symbolism with a macabre sense of humor infused with a whimsical air”.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall presents their Grand Re-opening and Welcoming Party! Live music by: Levator, Coyotes, The Wumpas and Tinfoil and Tape. Welcoming four new Trailer Storefronts: Seek and Restore, Bella Nocturne, White Raven Trading Co. and The Royal Mansion Gallery. Food and drink by Drunky’s Two Shoe BBQ and Star Brass Deck and music by DJ Brownstone. Co-produced by Viking.
- Krab Jab Studios presents Pain: An Artistic Experience, a group show of selected works from the August 2014 A/NT Gallery show of the same name. This show features artwork derived from the experience of physical, emotional, or spiritual pain by both local and international artists.
- LxWxH Gallery features Max Kraushaar, OHP:T. A collection of gifs made over a long period of time, OHP:T is a physical display of a large body of work that has so far only been available online. The pieces will be displayed on small cellphone-sized screens throughout the gallery, to be viewed intimately and up close.
The Mix presents Semblance Photography! Kayla Cox and Jamie Gragg share a primary focus to capture the forgotten beauty in abandoned settings. From antique rusted cars to decaying structures, these two specialize in traveling throughout the lush and vibrant Pacific Northwest in search of the hidden, forbidden and raw.
NuPasa presents new work by Pennsylvania artist Zach Sell.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography continues A Compendium of Curious Creeps by Nick Gucker, an eclectic collection of vintage pulp and weird fiction inspired artworks in ink, charcoal, watercolor & acrylic. Haunted renderings of things that creep, crawl and crouch in the dark corners of space and time – that run, fly and chase through the endless night…and those that just sit and wait.
Studio E presents Two Shows, One Artist by John Rizzotto, a contemporary painter working in the still life tradition. Rizzotto will feature work from two ongoing series, Current Event and Summer Camp.
Right-click on any image below to enlarge it in a new tab.
Images below beginning from top left going clockwise:
John Rizzotto @ Studio E; Nick Gucker @ Spectrum House; Georgetown Trailer Park & Mall; Shannon Duncan @ Georgetown Liquor Co; Zach Sell @ NuPasa Gallery; Jethaniel Peterka & Kyle Abernethy @ Studio Sanctum; Pierre Carles @ Krab Jab Studios; Collagemonauts @ Eight and Sand; Michael Driscoll @ Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center; Georgetown Trailer Park and Mall trailer map!
Copyright © 2014 Georgetown Merchants Association, All rights reserved.