Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits, Art Ride art bus (free)
Fall is here!! Cozy up in your best Hat & Boots and take a crisp autumn jaunt through the funnest art walk in town. We have some new additions to the roster, so make sure to check out the listing below.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- All City Coffee presents Smile Until It Hurts, a collection of mixed media portraiture by Christopher Vaughn Gay.
- Eight and Sand featuring the work of Tiffany Toland-Scott, The Tumultuous Tea Party, a series of paintings inspired by feminist themes with a Gothic twist, including a slew of familiar animated character. The artist will be available for signings from 7-9pm. This is the gallery’s one year anniversary. There will be refreshments and limited giveaways!
- Equinox Studios encompasses over 50 Magnificent Makers working in blacksmithing and metal sculpture, glass, and every other imaginable medium. November highlights the artwork of Alair Wells, Sophia Wheelwright, Timothy Aguero, John Kirschenbaum, Betty Jo Costanzo, Nicole Kistler, Claire L Putney, Karl Seng, Downing Pottery, Robin Force Counts, and many more…
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery presents a last chance to enjoy an exhibition of Film Noir Posters from the 1940s – 1950s. Also, Fantagraphics welcomes hosts members of the Seattle Indie Author’s Alliance!
Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center presents Paintoons, a selection of paintings and drawings by Georgetown artist John Ohannesian. Come see the comic genius in person during November Art Attack. Some content may not be appropriate for children.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall presents Purveyors of the Rare & Sublime! Each of our 7 distinctive vintage storefront trailers offer a wide selection of goods ranging from eccentric to nostalgic. Vintage clothing & accessories, jewelry, art & paper goods, and vintage home & garden. A great place to shop for your house and wardrobe, or find an unique gift for that person who already has everything.
- Krab Jab Studios features the work of Todd Lockwood! This exhibit takes a look back over 25 years of fantasy illustration, through book covers, Dungeons & Dragons, poster art and more. Attend an artist talk with Todd at 7:30pm in the gallery!
- LxWxH Gallery brings back Sean M. Johnson for Before When. Johnson pursues a series of site-specific installations which investigate the idea of between-ness; such as the moment between hearing and comprehending, the space between information and reaction, or the time between emotion and acceptance. Employing balance, remnants, and limbo, Johnson continues to use objects as metaphor to the human spirit.
- Mainframe presents Tomoko Meier, Scott Kolbo, Matthew Whitney, Said Clairvoyance; an exhibition about the location and objectivity of the figure in print media, digital media and multidisciplinary practice. The figure is represented in public and spiritual settings depicting a dynamic range of physical and emotional attributes with bold humor and originality. Said Clairvoyance echoes Dubuffet’s notion that art has the ability to achieve clairvoyance without limiting the activity of the artists or the audience.
- Mary Tudor & Ferrell welcome you to our open studio. Mary Tudor features timeless and iconic work verging on the meditative nature of objects. Ferrell’s work focuses on spatial and abstract imagery. Luscious Leopard Lips, our unofficial Georgetown DJ, will also be playing atmospheric music via Theremin synthesizer.
- Shannon Koszyk Studios will showcase an array of the lifestyle artist’s many trades including handmade heirloom quality jewelry, vintage military clothing, and unique pieces of art, home decor, and custom strung chandeliers, all of which embody her heavy and dark yet elegant and modern aesthetic. Also featured will be vintage clothing pop-up Trunk Show debuting its thoughtfully curated holiday collection of perfect party dresses and not-so-ugly sweaters.
Studio E presents Roadshow, featuring work by Tim Fowler.
Right-click on any image below to enlarge it in a new tab.
Images below beginning from top left going clockwise:
Georgetown Trailer Park & Mall Map; Tomoko Meier @ Mainframe; Todd Lockwood @ Krab Jab Studios; Sean M. Johnson @ LxWxH; Shannon Koszyk Studios; John Ohannesian @ Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center; Mary Tudor & Ferrell; Tim Fowler @ Studio E; Tiffany Toland Scott @ Eight and Sand; Georgetown Trailer Park Mall montage; Film Noir @ Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery;
Copyright © 2014 Georgetown Merchants Association, All rights reserved.