Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S; over 40 locations!
The festive holiday edition of the Georgetown Second Saturday Art Attack dates back more than 15 years to the beginning of Georgetown’s rebirth as a lively arts community. The December 13 edition kicks off with a tree lighting ceremony at the plaza near Georgetown Music Store that includes seasonal songs from Choir of the Sound, who will then wander the neighborhood serenading revelers with traditional and contemporary carols. They’ll stop by Fran’s Chocolates new outlet, which will offer sumptuous chocolate confections fresh from the adjacent factory. Don’t miss any of the action at one of Seattle’s most colorful holiday traditions.
Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- All City Coffee presents Smile Until It Hurts, a collection of mixed media portraiture by Christopher Vaughn Gay.
- Equinox Studios encompasses over 50 Magnificent Makers working in blacksmithing and metal sculpture, glass, and every other imaginable medium. December highlights Equinox’s world famous, life-altering “Very Open House”.
- Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery celebrates its 8th anniversary as hot rod hero and underground comix legend Robert Williams presents the Complete ZAP Anthology.
Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center presents Underwater Circus: Angelina Tolentino. A mixed medium whimsical look at the flora and fauna of the ocean and circus life in high fashion inspired vintage burlesque costumes.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall proudly presents: Sylvia O’Stayformore’s Trailer Park Christmas Show! Tupperware party and X-mas Drag Variety Show. 8:00pm
- Krab Jab Studios features The Art of Terese Nielson. Illustrator Terese Nielsen exhibits work with a mythological twist, featuring her newest set of paintings. Reception, 6 – 9pm, with artist discussion at 7:30pm.
- LxWxH Gallery Jared Bender returns to LxWxH for his solo show Plumb, Level, & Square during the month of December. This is LxWxH Gallery’s final exhibition after 4 years as an online venue, and 2 years as a brick and mortar space in Georgetown. Plumb, Level, & Square features a series of free-standing and wall-based sculptures made from re-purposed hardwoods, beeswax, denim, brass, steel, or lead; leftovers from other projects or job sites.
- Mainframe The Gang’s All Here: Over 20 artists from LA, Portland and Seattle in our second annual group show. Artworks featured in the exhibit range in price from $50 to $100 with stellar framing deals designed especially for the show. Art purchased during the show is yours for the taking so the earlier the better.
- Mary Tudor & Ferrell welcome you to our open studio. Mary Tudor features timeless and iconic work verging on the meditative nature of objects. Ferrell’s work focuses on spatial and abstract imagery. Luscious Leopard Lips, our unofficial Georgetown DJ, will also be playing atmospheric music via Theremin synthesizer.
- Shannon Koszyk Studios will showcase an array of the lifestyle artist’s many trades including handmade heirloom quality jewelry, vintage military clothing, and unique pieces of art, home decor, and custom strung chandeliers, all of which embody her heavy and dark yet elegant and modern aesthetic. Also featured will be vintage clothing pop-up Trunk Show debuting its thoughtfully curated holiday collection of perfect party dresses and not-so-ugly sweaters.
Spectrum House Salon and Photo presents The Art Lair Student Show featuring the work of Everette Hungerford, Reed Carpenter, Jonathan Seright, Axinja Goregots, Brad Wooten, Chris Olson, Erin Fox, and Kyle Abernethy. The Art Lair is a small art school located in the Belltown neighborhood started by artists Crystal Barbre and Kyle Abernethy.
- Studio E hosts the Holiday Makers Market featuring a gallery show as well as over a dozen Seattle-based independent designers and makers. Market will also be open Friday Dec. 12th 11:00-7:00pm and Sunday Dec. 14th 11:00-7:00pm.
- The Mix presents Georgetown’s own Little Black Devil Burlesque alluring annual holiday show.
Right-click on any image below to enlarge it in a new tab.
Images below beginning from top left going clockwise:
Angeina Tolentino @ Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center; Georgetown Trailer Park Mall; Sylvia O’Stayformore; Robin Williams @Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery; Terese Nielson @Krab Jab Studios; Jared Bender @ LxWxH; Shannon Koszyk Studios; Mary Tudor & Ferrell; Group Show @ Mainframe; Evertett Hungerford @ Spectrum House Salon & Photo; Very Open House @Equinox Studios; Francine Moo-Young @ Studio 236; Holiday Makers Market @ Studio E