Put on your party duds and join Georgetown Art Attack as we put icing on the summer cake with Drag Queens, new exhibit spaces, sidewalk book sale, music and stunning art everywhere!!! Industrial, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists at over 40 locations! Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA (see our map for Art Ride bus stops).
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall Sylvia OStayformore is bringing some of her friends down to invade Georgetown’s Trailer Park Mall. These are fast “ladies” with some crazy stunts. Come finish off your Art Attack evening with music fun and mayhem. DJ will be playing early in the evening 6:00 pm, 8:00pm they will clear the stage for a line up of drag talent not to missed! Sylvia O’Stayformore, Honey Bucket, Jackie Hell, Cucci Binaca, DonnaTella Howe and more! So join us at the Trailer Park Mall in Georgetown for evening of fun, music, and Drag!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery presents Hot Off The Press: A Cool Summer Small Press Fest featuring some of the most notorious personalities in Seattle’s literary, comix and book publishing scenes on Saturday, August 8. In addition to tables of indie publications from the Intruder Comix collective, Short Run, Yeti Press, Pity Party, Fluke Press and other regional imprints, the show includes a reading from The Octopus Rises by Ryan Boudinot, Noah Van Sciver presenting Fante Bukowski and an exhibition of original art from the latest volume of Gina Siciliano‘s epic graphic biography I Know What I Am: The True Story of Artemisia Gentileschi.
- All City Coffee presents Casino Nation by Allen Gladfelter. Portraits from the Casino Nation deck of playing cards depicting the bankers, bureaucrats, politicians and bad actors, criminals, villains and thieves responsible for the policies leading to the Great Recession of 2008. Acrylic on paper.
- Prairie Underground Prairie Underground / Artist Series 2015 Exhibition. In Spring of 2015 we launched the first in a series of art commissions to demonstrate our connection to art and support new artistic production by emerging artists. Photographs by Frank Correa will be on view alongside an installation by Rumi Koshino. Both artists incorporated garments from our Spring and Fall collections. Inspired by handmade clothing, uniforms and distressed garments, Prairie Underground produces a populist collection with subtle sensuality, conceived for durability and routine wear. The collection directly supports a diminishing network of sewing contractors in Seattle, Washington and has incorporated sustainable textiles made of hemp and organic cotton in every collection since 2005.
- Oxbow presents Alex Lockwood’s Shake. Interactive sculpture made from consumer waste! Who knew that recycled materials could look so amazing. Shotgun shell tapestries, wearable heads/masks, and shakers…
- Georgetown Music Store is hosting Acoustic Armageddon # 15, featuring TBASA, Naomi Botkin, Robert Roth, Sue Quigley, Shonduhh Shamonduhh and Shades of Static.
- The Alice Gallery The Alice is proud to present a three person show, I Come To You In Pieces, with Maria Walker, Rachel Meginnes and Guy Merrill. These three artists make work using happenstance and decay as a way to contribute to a larger visual discussion on our cultures grappling of aging, imperfection, and death. Maria Walker, is a Brooklyn artist that soaks canvases in acrylic and then casually reconstructs and reshapes them into considered fragments. Rachel Meginnes, currently living in North Carolina, cuts and sands away layers of reclaimed textiles as she reveals and hides the histories of processes. Guy Merrill, a Seattle artist, makes sculptures by scoring, folding and stapling mat board into black jewel-like objects that bring to light the faults of the handmade. Opening Reception July 25, 6-8pm.
- Interstitial presents LA based artist, Adam Ferriss–Unsupervised Learning draws upon the visual language of technical papers and diagrams created by scientists researching computer vision. With code as his tool, Adam Ferriss uncovers and recontextualizes the images, symbols, and language used in the development of human-like visual processing. Using generative processes and automation as an approach to image making, Unsupervised Learning transforms the gallery into an interactive visual environment. Exhibiting new print and video works, along with an Oculus VR installation, Ferriss shows how the language of computer coding has added new dimensions in process based art.
- Mainframe The Gang’s All Here. Mainframe’s annual affordable art show featuring 20+ international and West Coast artists. Special pricing on custom framing designed for each artist and packages for prints and other works on paper.
- Krab Jab Studios presents “I’ll Read You a Story”: Children’s Book Art, featuring published illustrations by Marc Brown, Tony DeTerlizzi, Scott Gustafson, Cory Godbey, Ruth Sanderson, Barbara McClintok, Jon J Muth, Jerry Pinkney, Gary Lippincott, Barry Moser, Diane deGroat, Mordecai Gerstein and Richard Jesse Watson, with Richard Jesse Watson.This show exhibits illustrations from some of children’s best contemporary illustrators, published in some of our most beloved books, from Jerry Pinkney’s “The Jungle Book” to Scott Gustafson’s “Favorite Nursery Rhymes of Mother Goose”.
- Machine House Brewery & Georgetown Atelier presents GEORGETOWN ATELIER AT MACHINE HOUSE BREWERY – Closing Party! The Georgetown Atelier provides students with a solid foundation in drawing, including constructive anatomy, block-ins, value, rendering, composition and perspective, as well as painting in grisaille and finally in color. This training features a strong emphasis on visual invention and design to help realize the ideas and visions of the individual student.Some new pieces will be added for this final month showing works from the 2014-2015 school year.
- Guest Shed Gallery is open August 1 & 2 from 5-9pm with artist Gene Gentry McMahon and the Grace Weston “Unsolved Mysteries” show opens the 8th for Art Attack!
- Eight and Sand is exhibiting Perspectives, Mary Clymer. This month multimedia artist Mary Clymer is back for her second solo show. This show features vintage photographs embellished with hand embroidery. Each photo is altered to evoke a surreal, creepy, or whimsical feeling.
- Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center hosts Julia Electric Goddess for a solo show of nature inspired whimsical goddess inspired art pieces. You will find photographic transparencies injected into Julias paintings, playful and serene, they will seduce you. Family friendly space.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography presents “Vital Fluids” by Seb Barnett. Seb’s imagery explores the space between reality and fantasy in a contemporary context. The images created evoke strong emotions of defiance, grief, curiosity, and more. The fantastic is married with the hard realities of being alive in a world that is both beautiful and harsh. Plants, fungi and color become a symbol of intense emotions that can’t necessarily be known, understood, or expressed.
- Mary Tudor and Ferrell Mary Tudor, art with timeless, iconic, images verging on being meditative objects and Ferrell, art with spacial and abstract imaging. Music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesizer.
- Runway Cafe presents Tim Fowler, ” The Town I Loved So Well”. Paintings that capture the rapidly disappearing views of our city questioning the unchecked surge of development in recent years. Tim’s work represents a link with the past as we move into an uncertain future.
- Equinox Studios Equinox encompasses over 50 Artists working in blacksmithing and metal sculpture, glass and every imaginable medium.
Sylvia OStayformore@ Georgetown Trailer Park Mall, Gina Siciliano & Noah Van Sciver@ Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery, Allen Gladfelter@ All City Coffee, Alex Lockwood @ Ox Bow, Guy Merril, Rachel Meginnes & Maria Walker@ The Alice Gallery, Mary Clymer@ eight & sand, Gene Gentry McMahon & Grace Weston@ Guest Shed Gallery, Acoustic Armageddon@ Georgetown Music Store, Julia Electric Goddess@ Georgetown Arts & Cultural Center, Jerry Pinkney@ Krab Jab Studio, Group Exhibition@ studio e, Georgetown Atelier@ Machine House Brewery, Group Exhibition@ Mainframe, Tim Fowler@ Runway Café, Seb Barnett@ Spectrum House Salon & Photo