Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits
The Georgetown Ministry of Culture presents an autumn Art Attack you won’t want to miss with milestone celebrations, new galleries and one of a kind live performances! Industrial, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists at over 40 locations. Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA. (see our map for Art Ride bus stops)
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery Warren Bernard presents Cartoons for Victory with an exhibition from his fascinating archive of World War II home front ephemera, a slide talk, reception and book signing.
- All City Coffee exhibit of Production, new oil and wax on wood works by artist, Wynne Pei will be showing thru the month of October.
- The Alice Gallery presents JUGS, the work of five artists who have interpreted the jug form, particularly what’s known as the ugly jug or face jug. Curated by artist Nicholas Nyland, the works in the exhibition share a common sense of playful dialog with historical art and craft traditions. Featured artists include Jeffry Mitchell, Saya Moriyasu, Rebecca Morgan, Brian Murphy, Nicholas Nyland. Open during Art Attack – October 10, 2015, running thru October 17, 2015
- Krab Jab Studios presents The Three Impostors: Bastien Lecouffe Deharme, Marcela Bolivar, and Samuel Araya. Three illustrators from France, Argentina, Paraguay, descend upon Seattle in our most exciting autumnal show yet! Dark and sensual, the imagery draws the viewer into a complex world of deception and mystery, deeply etched in literary symbolism. Artist Talk @ 7:30 pm with Bastien and Samuel. Warning: mature content, not appropriate for children under 17.
- studio e In partnership with Cullom Gallery, “Littoral” presents ink and brush drawings by Seattle artist Juliet Shen. Meaning “situated or growing on the shore,” “Littoral” originates from explorations of tidal flats, rivers and wetlands of the Pacific Northwest, informed by Shen’s innate sense of active and open spaces developed during her career as a type designer, and her affinity for Chinese brush painting.
- Machine House Brewery is showing Women in Trades, Bettina Hansen and Susan Kelleher / The Seattle Times. Ironworker, Meat cutter and Journeyman Lineman. This project celebrates the hard-working women of Washington in the skilled trades, blazing their own trails in careers that were once only reserved for men. Black and white 4×5 portraits will be displayed alongside the stories of the women who are featured in the work.
- Guest Shed Gallery presents Leif Holland. Open for Art Attack and happily by appointment!
- Eight and Sand Birds and Beasties, Jasmine Becket-Griffith solo show. This exhibit will consist of all new paintings – surreal, fantastical, historical, themed around the world of birds, beautiful animals and Jasmine’s female figurative characters. Jasmine is flying in from Florida to be here for the evening to meet everyone and do signings.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography presents “Two Thangs”. Matthew Brennan IV creates pop art customized to the patron. Using two pieces of popular culture picked from a buyer’s head, he crafts bright and colorful images creating a modern portrait of the person’s interests. On exhibit will be a series of acrylic paintings mashing up ideas such as Miley Cyrus/Lil Bub, Scarface/ Beignets and Biggie Smalls/Camping.
- Mary Tudor and Ferrell Mary Tudor, art with timeless, iconic, images verging on being meditative objects and Ferrell, art with spacial and abstract imaging. Music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesize.
- Praxis Arts featured artist is Phil Jensen. He will be showing alongside Praxis resident artists. Phil is a teaching artist who works across a wide variety of subjects. He looks to simplify elements of his work and find the story within. His obsession is in the phenomenon where, at the event horizon of the canvas, the paint is no longer paint but a different reality.
- Equinox Studios is growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to 65+ artists working in a staggering array of mediums, including blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass, ceramics, photography, performance art and more! Hop on the free Art Ride shuttle and join us for live demonstrations, open studios, bonfires, and the Wanderlust Art and Fashion Market featuring many talented guest artists and local vendors.
- the hammie salon presents a group photography exhibit featuring Brenda J. Peterson, Paul Gibson and Kristel Gibson. Sleepless in the City – Brenda J Pederson captures scenes between sunset and sunrise, when the line between casual observer and voyeur blurs. She Saw, He Saw – Paul Gibson snaps scenes until he captures what’s in his mind’s eye. Kristel Gibson opts for shots that show people’s emotional connections to others and places. This exhibit juxtaposes photos of their individual observations of places in time.
- NuPasa Gallery Come help celebrate the 5 year anniversary of NuPasa Gallery, featuring artist, Tina Routt. NuPasa Gallery has been an incubator gallery supporting local artist by hosting first shows & inspiring so many great people to be creative and follow their passion.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall and B & C Blackout Factory Present: Gorehound! An evening of Cramps inspired Variety. Starring: Caitlyn of the North, Deco, Freckles Riverside & Miss Anita Godmann, with go-go dancers, Elaine Yes, The Empire Follies & Miss.
- Mainframe Shop This October we’re celebrating our first year in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle. It’s been a great year for us as a regular fixture of the Georgetown Art Walk, a portfolio of unique custom framing and woodworking projects, and an expanding selection of finishes and services for custom framing and fine art display. Join us Friday, October 9th from 6pm – 9pm with a special reception and preview of our next exhibit featuring new works by Dave Phillips.
Marcela Bolivar@ Krab Jab Studios, Nicholas Nyland@ The Alice Gallery, Juliet Shen@ studio e, Leif Holland@ Guest Shed Gallery, Phil Jensen@ Praxis Arts, Jasmine Becket-Griffith@ Eight & Sand Gallery, Mainframe Shop, Wynne Pei@ All City Coffee, Warren Bernard@ Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery, NuPasa Gallery, Matthew Brennan IV@ Spectrum House Salon & Photography, Women In Trades@ Machine House Brewery, Group exhibit@ the hammie salon
Copyright © 2015 Georgetown Merchants Association, All rights reserved.