Art, Live Music, Food and Spirits
The Georgetown Ministry of Culture’s November Art Attack promises to be a night you will won’t forget! Industrial, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists at over 40 locations. Jump aboard the FREE Art Ride to check out our west end locations such as studio e, SANCA and Equinox Studios for live demonstrations, open studios, bonfires, music, and fun!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery is premiering Seattle cartoonist, Tatiana Gill’s latest collection of revealing journal comics,Omnibusted, in addition to the continuing exhibition Short Run Marathon III featuring Jim Woodring, Bruce Bickford, Charles Forsman, Melissa Mendes and Krish Raghav.
- All City Coffee presents Clown Riot: A look back at the senseless brutality that took over the world during the clown riots of 1997. All new works by Edward Matlock.
- The Alice Gallery is proud to present A Story In My Pocket with Yevgenia Baras and Teresa Baker. Both artists’ work is tactile and abstract containing the bones of distilled storytelling, very different from each other with their similarities yielding the most. Yevgenia and Teresa are experts in telling personal stories that are held close to the body using materiality and abstraction. Opening reception October 24, 6-8pm.
- Krab Jab Studios is exhibiting The Enchanted Brush: An Illustrator’s take on the Fairy Tale, featuring; Wylie Beckert, Dan Chudzinski, Audrey Benjaminsen, Ed Binkley, Elisabeth Anne Martin, Aaron Miller, Jeff Miracola, Mark Poole, Rebecca Yanovskaya, Amanda Sartor and Yvette Endrijautzki. Original works of eleven renowned artists interpreting their favorite Fairy Tale characters in their own unique styles. This show has traveled from the Mazza Museum in Findlay, Ohio to Seattle.
- studio e presents Object: a series of oil paintings by Portland based artist, Scott Talley.
- Machine House Brewery is featuring a Street Photography Exhibition by Steven Sutterby: Atlantic Separation. Through a series or classic black and white street photographs Steven explores the subtle differences of street life 4781 miles apart.
- Eight and Sand presents Darkest Grimm/Unnamed and Unclaimed. Gillian Lolita Agogo Alexiel uses watercolor illustration to explore the more monstrous elements of lesser known Grimm’s fairy tales. These adventures override reality, treating the fantastic and violent as perfunctory. Marty Gordon is digging into the vaults to showcase unframed pieces of art that have never been shown before, dozens of unclaimed collage works and some of his newest monster drawings.
- Spectrum House Salon & Photography is featuring Salt of the Sea by Claudio Duran. Born in Chihuahua, Mexico, raised in Texas, a Seattle resident since 2000, Claudio’s medium of choice is acrylic on wood as well as sumi ink on paper. His artwork is inspired by organic shapes, unexpected color combinations, machinery, nature and wildlife, anime, rust and decay, surrealism, fantasy, junkyards and many Pacific Northwest artists. On display Nov 8-Dec 5. Artist reception Nov 14.
- Praxis Arts featured artist, Angelina Tolentino, is inspired by the flora and fauna of the oceans, as well as vintage burlesque, circus life, high fashion and costumes. Angelina paints semi-surreal subaquatic worlds that marry all of these elements. Her medium of choice is acrylic paint on wood panels.
- Equinox Studios is growing arts community in West Georgetown with over 100 artists working in a staggering array of mediums; blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass, ceramics, photography, performance art, music, and more! Open studios include Tinderheart Metal & Design, The Iron Monkeys, Syd Shera Clay Art, Sironka Batik Art, Simona Foggit, Karl Seng ROBOTLAMP, 201 Ecclective featuring FaceOdd Masks and UnShine Headgear, CoCA un[contained] featuring Ezra Dickinson.
- the hammie salon invites you to compare the two styles of Composite Artists: Eric JF Ewing and Brenda J Pederson. Eric JF Ewing presents a series of created composites and Brenda J Pederson presents a series of faux composites. Compositing is the art of layering/combining two or more photos or parts of photos creating a new piece of art. Faux composites are single photos resembling a composite.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is hosting a fundraiser to support the Nearly Nekkid Norwegians as they prepare to do the Polar Plunge to raise money and awareness for the Special Olympics. This awesome group of Vikings is doing impactful work in our community, come help them shatter their goals!
- Mainframe Shop has a portfolio of unique custom framing and woodworking projects, and an expanding selection of finishes and services for custom framing and fine art display. Open 6pm – 9pm during Art Attack featuring an exhibit of new works by Dave Phillips.
Georgetown Music Store presents Acoustic Armageddon. Monthly acoustic performances by regional artists and rotating visual art. Always free and all ages are welcome, every second Saturday during Art Attack, 6pm – 9:30pm.
Yevgenia Baras@ The Alice, Teresa Baker@ The Alice, Chas Guidry@ Equinox Studios, Claudio Duran@ Spectrum House Salon & Photo, Ezra Dickinson@ Equinox Studios, Dave Phillips@ Mainframe, Steven Sutterby@ Machine House Brewery, Edward Matlock@ All City Coffee, Georgetown Music Store, Group exhibit@ Krab Jab Studios, Angelina Tolentino@ Praxis Arts, Scott Talley@ studio e, Eric JF Ewing & Brenda J Pederson@ The Hammie Salon, Nearly Nekkid Norwegians@ The Georgetown Trailer Park Mall, Gillian LolitaAgogo Alexiel & Marty Gordon@ Eight and Sand, Tatiana Gill@ Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery, SeaCompression in Georgetown.