Join us as we celebrate our love of art with 8 years of the Georgetown Art Attack! Art, music, chocolate, wine and beer, all in the heart of the historic industrial district, we do Valentine’s done right! Stellar industrial, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists at over 40 locations with a FREE Art Ride that stops at many studio/gallery locations, bringing you full circle complete with a tour of our west end locations such as studio e, SANCA and Equinox Studios for live demonstrations, open studios, music and fun!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery presents “Underworld: From Hoboken to Hollywood” by Kaz. In addition to his career as an Emmy-winning writer for animation (Cartoon Network’s Camp Lazlo, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb, and Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob Squarepants), Kaz has been drawing his weekly Underworld comic strip since 1992. Come celebrate the first comprehensive collection of his clever creation on February 13 with a book signing and exhibition of original art.
- The Alice is pleased to announce In Search of Conjunctions, a group exhibition of new drawing, photography, video and sculpture from DemianDinéYazhi’, Kerry Downey, Gabriel Jesiolowski, Ellen Lesperance and Sara Osebold. The featured artists find moments of quiet intimacy and meditation through texture and nature,while simultaneously exercising a critical linguistic wit. Exhibit opens January 23, 2016
- All City Coffee will be showing The Art Of Trashion thru February 29th. Tammy Perry‘s found & recycled art has a post apocalyptic steam punk edge, with a nod to the past while incorporating her own strong interpretations to the mediums.
- The Hammie Salon is featuring Tonia S. Arehart, “A Call To Your Brave Self”. Tonia creates portals and resting places, which allow viewers experiences of expansion and rest. During the creation process she ask questions with colors, shapes, new and old world mediums. She is committed to the expression that at the end of the road, there is ‘NO END OF THE ROAD’, it is only another chance of expansion and rest.
- Krab Jab Studios will be exhibiting “Arboreal Dreams”, featuring: Bastien Lecouffe Deharme, Braden Duncan, David Gray, Drew Tucker, Elijah Evenson, Emily Fiegenschuh, Greg Spalenka, Iris Compiet, Jeff Menges, Mark Poole, Olivier Villoingt, RovinaCai, Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, Vinod Rams, Virginie Ropars, Yuko Ishii, and Yvette Endrijautzki. Whether the tree is mystical, nurturing, menacing, rendered in watercolor, oil paint or sculpture, they delight our imaginations. Opening reception: February 13th, 6-9PM with a curator talk at 7:30PM
- Mainframe Shop presents NO SÉ: new works by Gabriel Marquez. Emerging artist, Gabriel Marquez is exhibiting new large scale mixed media based artworks. No Sé explores the ideas and values of place as regional, social, and temporal, cultural identity, and the nature of visual language as a potential contradiction of artistic practice. Artist reception, Saturday, February 13th from 6pm – 9pm with previews and pre-sales by appointment.
- The Conservatory presents Alla Prima: A Night of Live Portraiture.See award winning artists paint live from a costumed model at The Conservatory during Georgetown Art Attack 6pm to 9pm
- Eight and Sand is proud to present new mixed media works from Seattle based artist, Rhodora Jacob. Rhodora illustrates lush pastel worlds filled with beings who dwell in overgrown vegetation. Other-worlds where everything seems to have a soul. Please join for art and snacks.
- Praxis Arts is featuring Claudio Duran‘s beautiful works of art in the Theoria Gallery, Praxis Arts’ in house gallery opens on Saturday, February 13, 6-9pm. Claudio’s artwork is inspired by unexpected color combinations, machinery, nature and wildlife and other Pacific Northwest artists. Gallery hours are Thursday-Sunday from 2-5pm.
- Machine House Brewery is exhibiting Andy Porter – Wild Northwest – A Benefit for Washington Brewshed. Andy’s photographs document the way mountains, rivers and forests demand our attention, taking control of our emotions. Andy and Machine House are working with Washington Wild and their Brewshed program to help them give our natural surroundings the respect they deserve.
- studio e is featuring Timorous Beasties, a photography exhibition loosely curated on the subject of fur, feathers, and foliage and its use as props in documentary, street, and studio photography. The set is curated by Netra Nei and includes work by two Seattle photographers amongst an international group of photographers sourced on social media from the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Equinox Studios is a growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in a staggering array of mediums, including blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass, ceramics, photography, performance art, music, and more! Hop on the free Art Ride shuttle and join Equinox for live demonstrations, open studios and fun!
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is hosting their 2nd annual Valentines Schmalentines party on Saturday, February 13! Be there by 6:30pm to vie for awesome Trailer Park Mall shwag in our GIANT TWISTER competition! Followed by live performances by local talent, covering your favorite love/heartbreak songs at 7:30pm. Come for the shopping, stay for the shenanigans!
- Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center presents “Love Attack” a multi media assemblage by creative designer, Holly Downey. Custom specialty Love Potions with your selection of bottle, an essential oil scent mixed with organic sunflower oil. Hand crafted decorative ticklers are also available..Holly Inc Designs is nestled in Studio 1 in the Georgetown Arts and Cultural center.
- Georgetown Music Store is hosting Acoustic Armageddon 21. Monthly acoustic performances by regional artists and rotating visual art. Always free and all ages are welcome, every second Saturday during Art Attack, 6 – 9:30 pm
- Illumination Studio presents Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through abstraction and vibrant color and Ferrell exploring space and color field through abstraction and vibrant color. Also, music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesizer.
- Zippy’s will be showing “The Art of Eli Wolff” — new acrylic paintings by local artist, Eli Wolff. Eli Wolff, a Seattle native makes art designed to get people to laugh. His fondness for cartoons, sci-fi and fantasy book covers, 70s movie posters, and all kinds of pop-culture that creep into his work with visual puns and geeky mash-ups.