Let your spring fling art adventure begin on 12th Ave. S. where Georgetown Art Attack is pleased to welcome back curator Sharon Arnold with Bridge Productions, introduce the newest member to our arts community, Ryan Blythe of Rainier Glass Studio and host Academy Award nominee, Daniel Clowes, premiering his latest book at Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery!
With stellar industrial, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists at over 40 locations the FREE Art Ride tour will bring you to many studio/gallery locations, including our west end venues such as studio e, SANCA and Equinox Studios for live demonstrations, open studios, music and fun!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery is pleased to present Daniel Clowes. The Academy Award nominee (Best Screenplay for Ghost World) returns to debut his latest graphic novel, Patience, which represents his most ambitious work to date. Also on display will be original art from the international comix anthology Red Eye.
- Bridge Productions returns to Georgetown with TECTONIC, a group exhibition highlighting our 2016 lineup of guest and represented artists: Julie Alpert, Tim Cross, Sue Danielson, Emily Gherard, Davida Ingram, Dave Kennedy, Kat Larson, Ashleigh Robb, and Krista Svalbonas. Each of these artists are connected through overlapping aesthetics and rigorous, process-based practice. Their narratives address ideas about location, dislocation, identity, repetition, and time. As a result, they gather naturally to form a distinctive group with a broad spectrum of styles and perspectives.
- The Alice is exhibiting I Wasn’t Just Saying What You Wanted To Hear… is an immersive video, sound exhibition that stages a conversation between five single-channel video artworks of Katherine Behar, Constance DeJong, Ellie Krakow, Jaeeun Lee and These works invent and occupy a charged psychological universe in its own distinctly metered sense of time. Presented simultaneously in a one-room exhibition, this show creates a unique opportunity to tease additional interpretations, contexts and contingencies out of already resolved narrative forms.
- Interstitial is featuring last_resort, the art of Mario Lemafa. last_resort sees Mario Lemafa investigating themes of erasure, whiteness, colonization and the physical/metaphorical qualities of cleansing through an indigenous digital Dasein (felt presence). Brutal and tender, the exhibition poses the question of whether or not the death of inequality would render vacations obsolete. Envisioning tropical locals as utopian space, last_resort generates new visual elements towards a radical, futuristic redefinition of the travel lifestyle.
- All City Coffee will be hosting “For your viewing pleasure”, the private art collection of Steve Withycombe. Steve’s collection is mostly from Seattle based artist from the last 15 years. None of the work will be for sale, just for your viewing pleasure.
- Rainier Glass Studio Now open for Art Attack, Saturday March 12, 6-9 pm with live demonstrations in the art of blowing glass.
- The Hammie Salon is hosting a Jewelry & Accessory Trunk Show and Sale featuring four local artisans jewelry and accessories. Hapertas & Company specializing in modern haberdashery, including bow ties, neckties, pocket squares and more. Silver + Salt minimalist designs feature organic lines and raw gemstones, inspired by nature. Carolena’s Glass Pocket takes bits and pieces of vintage jewelry, re-purposing them into modern designs. Anvil & Anchor creates one-of-a-kind, industrial-styled, heavyweight jewelry pieces.
- Krab Jab Studios Closing reception of exhibit “Arboreal Dreams”, featuring: Bastien Lecouffe Deharme, Braden Duncan, David Gray, Drew Tucker, Elijah Evenson, Emily Fiegenschuh, Greg Spalenka, Iris Compiet, Jeff Menges, Mark Poole, Olivier Villoingt, RovinaCai, Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, Vinod Rams, Virginie Ropars, Yuko Ishii, and Yvette Endrijautzki is Saturday, March 12, 6-9 pm. Whether the tree is mystical, nurturing, menacing, rendered in watercolor, oil paint or sculpture, they delight our imaginations.
- Mainframe Shop NO SÉ: new works of emerging artist, Gabriel Marquez closing exhibit of large scale mixed media based artworks will be held 6 -9 pm on Saturday, March 12 during Art Attack. No Sé explores the ideas and values of place as regional, social, and temporal, cultural identity, and the nature of visual language as a potential contradiction of artistic practice.
- Eight and Sand is featuring a group show of art in miniature form. The artists have created works 7 inches and smaller and each artist invited a guest artist to participate in this stunning display of tiny. A complete artist list will be available during Art Attack.
- studio e is exhibiting FAR WEST , Carole d’Inverno‘s new solo show, inspired by the powerful histories of people, communities and places that experienced the centuries-long transformation of the American West. d’Inverno reshapes emotional narratives into her own, purist abstract language of repeated motives, shapes and colors, achieving a unique aesthetic effect with her heavily symbolic canvases.
- Equinox Studios is an arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in an inspiring array of mediums, including black smithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass, ceramics, photography, performance art, music, and more! Hop on the free Art Ride shuttle and join Equinox for live demonstrations, open studios and fun!
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall offers independent artists, designers, makers and collectors to sell their goods direct in a one-of-a-kind environment thriving with community. Come see the handmade, up-cycled, and reused products all while hanging in a special, unique little corner of the world! Open for Art Attack until 9 pm and every weekend on Saturdays from 12-7pm and Sundays from 11am-4pm.
- Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center feature for March Art Attack includes the Gallery 21. Help celebrate the grand opening of a new gallery space and works from the first ever resident artist, Una Dunphy from Cork, Ireland. “The Camino 15” portrait paintings are based on the experiences and individuals Una met on a 42 day pilgrimage thru the Camino de Santiago in Spain. Artist talk will be held at 7:30 during Art Attack.
- Georgetown Music Store is hosting Acoustic Armageddon 22. Monthly acoustic performances by regional artists and rotating visual art. Always free and all ages are welcome, every second Saturday during Art Attack, 6 – 9:30 pm
- Illumination Studio presents Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through abstraction and vibrant color and Ferrell exploring space and color field through abstraction and vibrant color. Also, music by Luscious Leopard Lips, the Georgetown atmospheric music DJ with a Theremin synthesizer.
- Zippy’s “The Art of Eli Wolff” -an exhibit of acrylic paintings by local artist, Eli Wolff continues thru March. Eli Wolff, a Seattle native makes art designed to get people to laugh. His fondness for cartoons, sci-fi and fantasy book covers, 70s movie posters, and all kinds of pop-culture that creep into his work with visual puns and geeky mash-ups.